When you keep on receiving the error message “This server is running a different version of the game” on Unturned, it’s clear that there’s something wrong that you need to address.
But, how can you fix it? Our team will show you three easy ways to resolve this issue and make the game return to its normal state.
Fix #1: Update the Game
First, you can try updating Unturned to avoid experiencing errors during the game.
- Navigate to your Steam Library.
- Right-click the game and navigate to “Properties.”
- Select the “Beta” tab, then input “OPERATIONMAPLELEAF.”
- Then, click the “Check Code” button.
- Choose the beta you’d like to enter and press “Preview.”
- Finally, play Unturned, then download the update.
Fix #2: Re-install
If the first fix didn’t work, we would suggest re-installing Unturned on your device.
Follow the easy steps below:
- Go to your “Library.”
- Right-click Unturned and click “Uninstall.”
- Then, delete “Local Properties.”
- Once done, download the game again as you usually do.
Fix #3: Verify the Integrity of Game Files
- Exit the game and launch your Steam Library.
- Right-click Unturned. When the dropdown menu shows, select “Properties.”
- Search for “Local Files” in the pop-up window.
- Click “Verify Integrity of Game Files.” Steam will then start to validate your game files.
Note: This verification process may take a couple of minutes. Be patient!
By now, you already have a weapon on hand to counter the Unturned “This server is running a different version of the game” error. Depending on the cause of the issue, you can always fix it right away, using the methods given above. Good luck!