Payday 2 is a game that features a large variety of heists, including bank robberies, drug trafficking runs, rigging an election, and stealing nuclear warheads. Additionally, the game allows players to customize their characters with different skills and equipment to better suit their play style.
The game has been praised for its variety of missions, the depth of its customization, and the ability to play cooperatively with friends. But the question is, does it support split screen? That’s what we’ll find out in this article.
Does Payday 2 Support Split Screen?
No, unfortunately, Payday 2 does not have a split-screen option. The game was designed to be played as a cooperative experience, so it was not originally designed with a split-screen option in mind. However, the game does feature LAN (Local Area Network) play, allowing up to four players to join the same game on the same network.
The main disadvantage of not having a split-screen option in Payday 2 is that it limits the cooperative experience that makes the game so fun. When playing with friends, it can be difficult to coordinate strategies and tactics without being able to see each other’s screens.
Additionally, the game does not feature online play, further limiting the cooperative experience. As a result, players are unable to join their friends’ games unless they are on the same network.
How To Play Payday 2 Split Screen?
Although the game does not officially support split-screen, it can be possible by using a third-party application called Nucleus Coop. However, this can only be done via PC. Here are the steps:
- Download the Nucleus Coop Application.
- Launch the Application File: Nucleuscoop.exe
- Once done, navigate through the application and find the Download Game Scrips section.
- Search for Payday 2.
- Hit the download button and notice that the file opener prompt will appear.
- Once done, look for the Directory Folder that leads to Payday 2.
- Go to Steam, then Steamapps, then Common, and finally Payday 2.
- You will now assign each of the controllers that you prefer.
- Once done, click this > arrow that can be located at the upper right of the window.
- Select Play.
- This time, you can start the game.
- Once the game has loaded, select Play Online.
- Right after that, choose a certain location within the map to proceed with co-op.
- Do the same thing on your second screen.
- Finally, you can Start The Heist.
Is Split Screen Supported In Consoles?
Payday 2 was originally designed for PC, and split-screen was not a feature that was added when the game was ported to the console. This means that the console version of the game does not support split-screen co-op. However, there’s still a possible way to do so.
Players of Payday 2 will need to utilize the method called picture-in-picture, which simultaneously streams two consoles onto one screen in order to fulfill the requirements for the couch-co experience that was advertised for the game.
Is Payday 2 A Cross-Platform Game?
No, Payday 2 is not cross-platform. The game is available on PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360 , PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 3, but players cannot play with each other across different platforms.
Payday 2 is a great game that can be enjoyed even without a split-screen. Even though playing with friends in the same room is more fun, there are plenty of ways to still enjoy the game. With all the online options, you can still have a great time playing the game and getting the most out of it.