Many Lord Of The Rings Online (LOTRO) players report the “Failed To Queue For Server” error, making the game unplayable. This usually happens when the server is too busy or when there is a communications-related error.
Good news–our resident gamers have come up with the best ways to fix this server error. Keep reading to learn more!
Fix #1: Check if the Servers are Down From Official Announcements
Before doing anything, check LOTRO’s service updates from their official website or online forums.
You will probably encounter this error when the servers are down. If this is the case, just wait for updates when the servers are up.
Fix #2: Re-log Into the Launcher
If you keep bumping into this “Failed To Queue For Server” error, you can try logging out from your launcher and logging in again.
- Go to your launcher’s menu bar and click the “down” arrow.
- Then, enter the data required to log in.
Now, play the game and see if the issue is now fixed.
Fix #3: Run the Program as Admin
The next resolution is to “Run the Program as Administrator.” To do this, refer to the instructions below:
- Navigate to your menu tab and find the “Command Prompt” option.
- Right-click “Command Prompt,” then select “Run as Admin.”
- If this option is not on the list, just left-click “Command Prompt,” and there you can see the “Run as Admin” option.
Extra Tip: If you use Windows 8, press and hold the Windows button + X. On the list that appears, choose “Command Prompt (admin).”
Fix #4: Flush DNS
If the issue still occurs, try flushing DNS. Here’s how you can go about it:
- Open the “Command Prompt” (like how you open it on the method above).
- Once the window pops up, input the “ipconfig /flushdns” command as is.
- Then, press “Enter” to apply the command. You’re done!
Fix #5: Try Port Forwarding
Like on other games, you can try the port forwarding method on LOTRO to resolve the server problem.
Note: Ensure you know your router’s IP address, device’s IP address, and the UDP and TCP ports to forward.
Here are the steps:
- Log in to your router, then search for your router’s port forwarding section.
- Enter your PC’s (or the device you use) IP address and TCP and UDP ports for the game on the corresponding boxes.
- Finally, reboot your router to apply the changes.
Fix #6: Check Your Windows Firewall or Antivirus Program Settings
Fix #7: Try a Couple More Times
This method is the simplest of all but requires more patience. If you encounter the issue the first time, just exit the game and try again.
You can retry a couple of times, like 3 to 5, to test the issue. If the problem is still there, we advise you to find the best solution to fix LOTRO’s server issue.
Fix #8: Reinstall LOTRO
If none of the above methods takes effect, then your last resort is to uninstall and reinstall LOTRO on your device.
Follow the steps below:
- Back up your LOTRO game folder.
- Download and run the installer. (Note: Do not launch the game yet)
- Overwrite the installation folder along with the backup.
- Finally, launch and play LOTRO.
You won’t have to be bothered when encountering the “Failed To Queue For Server” error on LOTRO. Our resident gamers have provided eight methods to resolve this server issue. Now you can play as much as you want and enjoy the adventures!