As a popular shooter game, it’s important to keep a safe and friendly environment for everyone while playing. In the event that you encounter a player who is acting inappropriately or breaking the rules, it’s important to know how to properly report them and ensure that the situation is handled properly.
In this guide, we will cover the process of reporting players in Halo Infinite, so that you can ensure that the game remains a safe and enjoyable experience for all players.
Reporting A Halo Infinite Player
The game Halo has changed a number of times since its initial release in November 2021. Some changes have resulted in gains, while others have resulted in losses. One of the numerous issues that Halo Infinite currently deals with is the hacker problem.
Hackers  and cheaters haven’t been very active since the game’s release, however, there are still a few around. With this in mid, here’s how you can report a problematic player.
Reporting a Halo Infinite Player on PC
Follow these steps to report a cheater or hacker in Halo Infinite Multiplayer:
- Navigate to the tab where you can find the Halo Waypoint Support Website.
- Sign in to your Halo Infinite online account in the upper right corner.
- Scroll down below “Was This Article Helpful” section and submit a ticket button.
- When you begin the ticket submission process, select the “Report a Player” concern form.
- Fill in all mandatory details with the correct information and please provide any video or photographic evidence.
Reporting a Halo Infinite Player on Console
Directly reporting someone through the Xbox’s interface is not possible. Rather, Halo Infinite immediately launches a web browser that enables you to submit a ticket straight from the Halo Waypoint website.
- On your controller, push the Menu button so you can access the Pause Menu.
- Using the view button on your controller, go in the Social Menu Tab
- Choose the user you would like to report, going in the Player Options menu will appear.
- Scroll down to the Report Player prompt in the Player Options menu.
- After receiving the prompt, confirm that you wish to open the browser.
- Select Report a Player found at the “Please choose your issue below” section.
- Fill out the ticket.
- Attach any evidence, such as photos or video recordings. You can also attach files to your ticket by responding to your customer support email on your PC or mobile phone and going to the Halo Waypoint site.
What Happens to the Reported Player on Halo Infinite?
If a player is reported in Halo Infinite, the player’s account is subject to a review by the game’s enforcement team. Depending on the severity of the offense, the player could face a warning, suspension, or even a permanent ban from the game.
What to Expect After You Report a Player
After every report, a Player Ticket is investigated and reviewed using all obtainable evidence and information. To ensure that the penalty is appropriate, the Halo Safety Team confirms the allegation, examines the evidence, and reviews previous bans.
Muting Halo Infinite Players
Aside from reporting a player, you can also mute a player. Muting a player in Halo Infinite is a feature that allows you to block all incoming voice communication from a specific player.
This can be done within the game’s in-game menu, allowing you to choose who you want to mute.
This feature is useful in situations where you don’t want to hear certain players, or if you simply don’t want to be bothered by someone’s words.
Muting a player will block their voice communication from your game, but it will not block other forms of communication like text chat. Here’s how:
To begin, if you don’t want to use voice chat, you can deactivate all voice chats in the sound menu.
- Navigate to the settings.
- Select Audio.
- Scroll down below and look for the Communication section.
- Disable Voice Chat by selecting it.
How to Mute When Using a Personal Computer
- Enter the Escape key.
- Tap the Tab key.
- Select the user you would like to muffle.
- Mute and exit the menu.
How to Mute When Using a Console
- Start by pressing the Start button.
- Press the Windows key.
- Select the user you want to muffle.
- Mute and exit the menu.
Unfortunately, no existing in-game interface enables seamless or simple reporting of players. Even if reporting someone takes significantly longer, allowing that evidence to be supplied is a good note to stop gamers from reporting players due to their own rage.
However, if you believe a player doesn’t deserve a report, the mute function remains available. Unfortunately, it necessitates navigating menus rather than pressing one button whenever you want to see the scoreboard.
Despite this, we hope that this quick tutorial on reporting a player in Halo Infinite aims to hopefully help silence or ban players who truly deserve it.