7 Days to Die is a thrilling game best run using a reliable server. While using the server, it could bring an error with the message ‘7 Days to Die could not retrieve server information’. This makes it challenging to play the game as the game would not load. Luckily, our team of experts has ways to fix the problem, and they are highlighted in this post.
4 Guaranteed Fixes to 7D2D Unable to Retrieve Server Info Issue
Fix #1: Check Anti-Virus Firewall Settings
The anti-virus on your computer may be the reason why you are unable to retrieve the server while running 7 Days to Die. One easy way to fix the problem is by checking the Windows Defender setting and turning it off.
Here’s how to do it:
1. Tap on the “Windows Key + R” to open Run
2. Type control and click on “OK” to reveal the Control Panel
3. Select “System and Security,” then scroll down to show the Administrative Tools.
4. Locate Windows Defender Firewall and check for “Advanced Security”
5. Select “Actions” and click on Properties
6. Now choose your preferred Profile – Domain, Private, Public
7. In the Logging section, select the “Customize button”
8. Select the drop-down menu for Log dropped packets and click on “Yes”
9. Check the pfirewall.log path in the Name section
10. Select “OK” to save the changes
Check if the problem has been solved by running the game over again. However, if the problem exists, then try the next fix below.
(If you want an excellent server hosting, you can check our list of 7 Days to Die server hosting in Australia here)
Fix #2: Disable Network Protocol
Disabling the network protocol is another way to fix the problem as it removes the server problems that allow 7 Days to Die to retrieve server information. So, with the following steps, you can successfully disable the current network protocol and rerun your 7 Days to Die game server:
- End all processes and stop the server.
- Open your server’s xml fil, and it should be able to open with FTP
- Locate the line “ServerDisabledNetworkProtocols”
- Input LiteNetLib into the values there to produce the entry “value=”unet,RakNet,LiteNetLib”
- Save and run the server again
Fix #3: Connect to Server with IP/Port
If the problem persists after disabling the network protocol, connect to the server using an IP/Port. This changes the network address and allows the game to have access to the server information.
Follow these steps to achieve this:
- Click on the Windows logo key.
- Select setting and type “Control Panel” in the search bar.
- Tap on the Control panel and copy the Query IP/Port listed.
- Run Steam, and at the top of the Window, click View.
- Go to servers and then to the Favorites Tab.
- Click on “Add Server”.
- Paste in your servers Query IP/Port.
- Run the game and select your list based on favorites.
- Click join.
Fix #4: Reinstall Game
If the other methods have failed and 7 Days to Die could not retrieve server information, this is a final fix. By reinstalling the game, you can reset the processes and eliminate any server issue it may be facing.
With these steps, you can re-install the game:
- Go to Steam account and uninstall the game.
- Close all game processes and end Steam operation.
- Locate and delete the 7DTD installation file “\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\Common\7 Days to Die”.
- Edit the registry with regedit and locate the “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\The Fun Pimps\7 Days To Die” key. Select the key and delete it.
- Get rid of the temp files, DNS entries, etc.
- Find “ClientRegistry.blob” in the Steam folder named “\Program Files (x86)\Steam” and rename it “ClientRegistry.blob.old”.
- Reboot the computer.
- Save any important files and delete the “\My Documents\7DTD\” folder.
- Load up Steam and reinstall the game.
Tips and Reminders
As a player on 7 Days to Die, it is essential to note that several servers are available for the game. We suggest that you try other reliable and secure servers when the one you are using fails or runs into error. However, the official servers are still advisable as it is easier to troubleshoot with the help of the game support team.
When 7 Days to Die cannot retrieve server information, it could be due to antivirus , firewall, or the current network protocol associated with your server. Several solutions could help fix such a problem, and our professionals have highlighted those that are guaranteed. We suggest that you turn off the protection for the game, disable the current network protocol or reinstall the game.
For more 7 Days to Die server concerns, you can also check out the following pages: